Scaffold Viewer is a desktop and mobile application that helps you make sure your designs are complete and accurate. In addition to 3D and virtuality reality (VR), you can now now view your design in real-world settings with augmented reality (AR). If you already use Scaffold Viewer, skip to Navigate a Scaffolding Model in AR to read more about getting started with this new feature.
For those of you just getting started with Scaffold Viewer, read more below about how to setup the application, upload your custom designs and start viewing them in AR from any mobile device.
Scaffold Viewer is only available for Windows 7+ and requires the .NET Framework. To install Scaffold Viewer, follow the instructions below:
1. Visit https://www.scaffoldvr.com/ where you will find a free download for Scaffold Viewer.
2. Click Install Scaffold Viewer.
Note: If you need to install .NET Framework, then select ‘Click Here to Install’
3. Click ‘Save File’ and when the application installer is done downloading, double-click the Scaffold Viewer Installer Icon to launch installation.
1. To setup your Scaffold Viewer account, start by launching the application from your desktop computer. Select Create Account underneath the login and fill out the information for Name, Email and Password.
2. Agree to the Terms & Conditions and select the checkmark in bottom lefthand corner to complete the setup process.
You will receive an email confirming your setup and then you can get started with your new account.
You can launch Scaffold Viewer for Desktop by either clicking on the desktop icon or by selecting the Scaffold Viewer icon in the Model tab of the 3D view window in the Scaffold Designer interface.
1. To launch from the 3d view window in Scaffold Designer, start by launching Scaffold Designer and opening an existing drawing that you’d like to view with Scaffold Viewer. Select the Model tab in the 3D view window and select the Scaffold Viewer icon.
2. Scaffold Viewer will automatically launch and all you have to do is enter your credentials, including your email address and password.
2. Tap on the Scaffold Viewer app icon from your home screen to launch the application. Enter your email address, password and agree to the Terms & Conditions if its your first time logging in.
1. Launch the drawing that you’d to upload with Scaffold Designer.
2. Navigate to the model tab and select the Scaffold Viewer icon.
3. Simply select the upload button in the lower righthand corner after Scaffold Viewer launches.
1. To navigate through your drawing in augmented reality, start by launching the Scaffold Viewer application from a mobile device. Locate and tap on the drawing that you’d like to view in AR.
2. Point your device toward an indoor or outdoor horizontal surface, like a tabletop or installation site to see your drawing in AR.